- What is the best calf braces to relieve legs pain?
- Video: Muscle calf anatomy
- Types of calf compression sleeves you should know about
- Buying guide: Tips on how to buy the best compression socks
- What are calf compression sleeves for leg pain relief?
- Advantages and benefits of calf braces for men and women
- When and how should you use calf sleeves to improve your sport?
The calf muscle is a very powerful leg muscle as it gives the leg full mobility, grip and strength. However, it can be affected by a variety of causes, causing bruising, contractures or more serious injuries.
The best solution to prevent and improve all these conditions is to use a calf brace, because the compression it exerts in this area will allow you to avoid or reduce serious problems such as varicose veins, achieve a fast recovery and even achieve better athletic performance. So if you want to know more about this amazing garment, keep reading.
What is the best calf braces to relieve legs pain?
- Sizes: S-M-L-XL
- Colors: Green, Pink and Grey
- Material: Breathable
- Nº of Products: 2 pieces
- Uses: Rehabilitation and sport
- Elastic Fabric
- Double Anti-Slip Silicone
- Ergonomic & Adjustable
- Sport Design
Double Silicone Anti-slip
Various Colors and Sizes
- Sizes: L/XL, XXL
- Colours: 4 Options: Grey, Black, Blue, Blue, Pink
- Material: Nylon, Elastane, Lycra
- Nº of Products: 2
- Type: Open high top
- Graduated compression
- Lightweight design
- Only two sizes
It is ideal to stimulate blood circulation, thanks to its graduated compression system where it reduces fatigue and improves injury symptoms. Its double stitching increases the life of the product and its non-slip cuff provides greater comfort when you are wearing it. Choose any of the available sizes to absorb the vibrations of sporting activity! Please note that for some users the compression is excessive and may affect proper blood circulation.
- Sizes: S-M, L-XL, XXL
- Colours: 3 Options: Grey, Black, Blue
- Material: Breathable
- No. of Products: 2
- Type: Open and sporty sock
- Variety of sizes
- Breathable material
- 1 pair per order
- For all types of activities
- Material not specified
- Thin material
The design of the CAMBIVO unisex calf compression sleeves who was better support to maximize athletic performance and reduce muscle vibration. Its anti-perspiration fabric protects the ankle and secures the underside of the kneecap to prevent it from slipping off. Sizes may be too large for some people, so it is recommended that you measure the circumference of your calf to avoid loss of compression.
- Variety of colours
- Good compression
- Few sizes available
The cuffs efficiently adjust the upper part of the soleus and Achilles tendon, achieving the necessary balance to avoid injuries. It is ideal for improving muscle oxygenation and thus restricting the accumulation of toxins and the feeling of fatigue in the legs. You can wear it at work, when you are at home or when training, but it is important to know that the material can irritate the skin in some cases.
- Sizes: One size fits all
- Colours: Black
- Material: Neoprene
- No. of Products: 2
- Type: Adjustable Neoprene Splint
- Adjustable compression
- Hight Quality
- Somewhat bulky
The triple locking system improves muscle stability and helps blood circulation to flow more through the soft tissues. It does not slip during sport and the optimal compression helps exercise efficiency in any wearing scenario. Its neoprene material is breathable, so your leg will always be free of moisture. Muscle recovery can be affected if you don't choose the right size of leg support.
- Quick and easy to use
- Lightweight design
- Light compression
The fabric acts as a shock absorber against leg vibration on demanding surfaces, while maintaining just the right amount of compression on the calves. It is ideal for faster recovery, as comfort is a key factor in increasing wear time. If you are involved in sports where you have to jump frequently, the compression band is likely to slip out of place.
- Good compression
- Breathable design
- Few sizes
The different sizes allow the patellar tissue to rest and help to avoid overloading the Achilles tendon, thus achieving a gradual compression that adjusts the strategic areas of the calf. The fabric system absorbs the impact when you jump or walk and prevents the accumulation of sweat, thanks to the thermal regulation of this support. In some patients with muscle tears, the fixation and stability of the muscles is insufficient.
- Anti-slip silicone band
- Lightweight design
- Stretch material
- Machine washable
- Two sizes only
- Medium compression
You can also use this protector with 360° wrap to absorb the impact of vibrations when training or playing calf-demanding sports. Find the size that fits you so that the soft seams and breathable material exert the right amount of pressure. In some people, the symptoms of leg fatigue do not diminish with the use of this calf support.
- Different colours available
- For all types of training
- One size only
Its design allows for quick recovery from injuries and effectively combats inflammation. The elastic lycra fabric adjusts to the user's anatomy and provides better compression for muscle recovery and sports protection. It is suitable as a patellar compressor because its upper seam keeps the patella fixed. The use of this compression brace is not recommended for people with pruritus or prone to rashes.
- Suitable for any sport
- Designed to enhance compression
- One size only
The fibres of the structure generate a gradual compression, allowing the running sleeve to fit ergonomically to the Achilles tendon and fix the kneecap. Thanks to this design you will improve performance because the breathable material makes the compressive garment optimally supportive for long term wear. Please note that this product is not recommended for people with advanced varicose veins.
- Sizes: S/M-M-M/L
- Colours: 3 Options: Grey, Pink, Black
- Material: Breathable
- Nº of Products: 2
- Type: Sport Calf Sleeves
- Includes 1 Pair
- Optimal fit
- No material specified
The compression stockings for men and women are suitable for hand-washing, thanks to the composition of the fabric materials. This also allows the seams to be resistant and not to wrinkle during use, avoiding the displacement downwards. You can wear it in summer or at any other time of the year because it does not accumulate perspiration on the leg. The calf sleeve may not absorb impact properly in some sports.
Video: Muscle calf anatomy
Types of calf compression sleeves you should know about
Buying guide: Tips on how to buy the best compression socks
There are many aspects that you need to consider when choosing the ideal calf sock. This is determined when you identify your intended use; from there, you can evaluate other aspects such as compression level, size, design, and many other factors that are explained here.
Degree of compression
These garments compress the area being treated, resulting in better blood circulation. There are "standard" levels that can be used by any normal person, but if you need to use it to treat varicose veins, for example, you should choose a higher level.
Calves have different compression levels, which are measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg). Below we explain the levels, the conditions they help improve, and the people who can use them.
- Light (18-24 mmHg): prevents venous insufficiency (does not treat it if it already exists), ideal for patients suffering from swelling, leg fatigue, pregnant women, sedentary people or people who spend many hours standing.
- Moderate (22-29 mmHg): recommended for people who are beginning to develop varicose veins.
- Strong (30-40 mmHg) and very strong (37-49): this value is of medical quality, so it is essential to consult a specialist. This is already important for people with chronic venous insufficiency, lymphedema and other serious complications.
You may choose a longer or shorter garment, either for aesthetic reasons, comfort, or because you need more pressure in a particular area. Here are the details:
- The sock type covers the entire foot and calf area, that is, it covers several areas with one garment. It is used by people who do sports, such as running, as it helps control heat, improve blood circulation and prevent arteries from clogging. It also improves injuries and many diseases in this area.
- Calf sleeves are used by athletes who play soccer, basketball, football, baseball or tennis as it supports, strengthens and stabilizes their muscles even when they are exhausted from training. In addition, it can treat pain, injuries, diseases and all kinds of bruises in this area.
Since its use is so important for different activities, conditions and even therapeutic treatments, the material used is the most important aspect to achieve the expected goals:
- Most often they are made of antibacterial yarns, because since they are in direct contact with the skin, this is to prevent fungus or bacteria and avoid bad odors.
- They are also made of elastic fabrics such as elastane, polyamides and others. This allows it to exert pressure on the calf without being uncomfortable.
- The percentage of materials used in each garment depends on the manufacturer and the area to be treated, such as whether it is sportswear, stabilizers or varicose veins.
You cannot buy a garment without knowing your exact measurements. If you choose a size that is too small, it can be so tight that it hinders blood circulation, and if it is too big, it cannot be compressed so it cannot be worn. If you buy in a store, the orthopedist or specialist will take your measurements. However, if you buy online (as there are likely to be more styles and options there), you will need to know your size.
As explained in this article, there are many different designs and uses for twin carriers. In the market, depending on your taste, you can find what you like best both in terms of models and colors. Its use in sports is worth highlighting not only because it improves performance or relieves pain, but also because it has become a fashion that many people want to adopt.
There are many athletes who wear this garment as part of their daily uniform, and perhaps many who observe them will want to imitate it without knowing exactly the benefits it brings. It is also important that the calf sleeves is breathable and the material is soft, otherwise it will be very uncomfortable to wear.
The cost varies greatly depending on the country you live in, the manufacturer, the design, the compression and many other aspects. But we can give you an approximate value so you can estimate your budget.
What are calf compression sleeves for leg pain relief?
Leg pain is becoming a constant occurrence in everyday life, whether it is due to hard workouts or daily activities without a break. There are many types of injuries, including:
- Contractures and overloads of the muscles: this is a condition that affects both athletes and people with sedentary jobs. Normally, they occur when we stretch our muscles beyond what is allowed, when we do sports and do not warm up beforehand, when we do everyday activities for a long period of time, and much more.
- Muscle cramps: they are spontaneous contractions of one or more muscles. Generally, they occur very frequently during sleep or sports. The process is painful, immobilizing, lasts a few seconds and causes tingling.
- Intense training periods: This problem occurs when we train or practice a sport for many hours and do not warm up beforehand. In this stage, the muscles contract against each other and cause severe pain.
- Varicose veins: It is an inflammation of the veins due to poor circulation of the blood, which becomes congested or retained because the valves that control this process are blocked or damaged. As a result, they expand and swell, causing burning and pain on the skin. It is recommended not to stand for hours when suffering from this condition, as this accelerates the onset of the condition.
- Muscle fiber tear: This occurs when the tendon or muscle is pulled and can lead to a tear. In short, it stretches quickly and makes the leg immobile.
- Thrombophlebitis: this is a condition characterized by severe blood clotting, which in turn blocks blood flow through the veins, holding it back and causing inflammation. It is similar in some ways to varicose veins, except that it leaves no trace and the swollen bump disappears with anticoagulant medication.
- Peripheral arteriopathy: This is a blockage of the blood vessels caused by the narrowing of the arteries due to fat accumulation in the body. It affects the nerves and ligaments, causes severe pain and prevents us from walking.
- Baker's cysts: this is an accumulation of synovial fluid that lubricates the knee, which is retained and forms a lump or ball in the front or back. It causes pain, swelling or bruising in the back of the calf or knee.
- Achilles tendon: refers to a tear or partial tear of the tendon that connects all the muscles and is located behind the calf. This ligament is the one that supports and controls the weight of the body, and when it is torn, it immediately prevents us from walking properly.
- Muscle fiber tear: occurs when the calf muscles, which are essential for running and effective exercise performance, are stretched. When it is injured, it contracts and does not allow movement.
Advantages and benefits of calf braces for men and women
These garments were developed decades ago exclusively for therapeutic purposes. Today, they are becoming more and more common in sports and daily life, as they offer great benefits to our health. Therefore, here we summarize some of their benefits so that you do not hesitate to get one.
- Pain relief: the use of this garment promotes blood circulation, provides warmth and relieves or reduces the intensity of discomfort.
- Injury Prevention: Long training without prior recovery affects our body. Leg braces are very important because they provide you with more safety, protection and comfort.
- Improves blood circulation: this is a positive aspect that helps blood to circulate properly in the arteries and improves oxygenation of the muscles.
- Reduces swelling: This garment provides compression in this area of the body, which leads to an increase in blood flow and thus a decrease in swelling.
- Promotes performance: a good temperature in the area, the certainty of not suffering bruises and, above all, the constant blood circulation ensure greater productivity.
- Reduces fatigue: Including this item in your sportswear helps maintain muscle fiber wear, exert pressure and provide support.
- Avoid cramping or tingling: if you exercise for many hours in a row, you can avoid cramping or muscle tightness if you have calves.
- Post-surgical: they are often used after surgical procedures because they reduce inflammation and stabilize joints.
- Corrects the way you walk: it provides support, firmness and comfort ideal for running or walking, thanks to the compression of the area.
- Keeps joints warm: the sweat that we excrete during our daily activities is converted into steam and keeps joints warm.
- Improves perspiration: it serves to remove all harmful toxins from the body, taking into account water retention.
When and how should you use calf sleeves to improve your sport?
Calf compression braces are the preferred garment of athletes not only for cosmetic reasons. Their improvement in recovery and/or injury prevention has been demonstrated by researchers for several decades. Early studies found that clothing that applied more pressure to the ankle and less to the leg promoted blood circulation and muscle edema.
Some time later, with the development of tissues and a better understanding of them, they decided to study the recovery of athletes, especially in disciplines such as running, cycling, soccer, basketball, football, rugby, rowing and kayaking. In it, they came to the following conclusion: After the end of a training session or after an intense athletic effort, clothing increases and improves the recovery ability.
This was due to the reduction in hematocrit and lactate caused by compression in this area. In summary, calf sleeves are the perfect ally to advance and perform in any sport you practice, since an injury in this race could mean the end.